Check out the several hundred photos of awesomeness from years past:
So if you're just hearing about this for the first time, the purpose of the swap is to create ornaments with a Whedonverse theme (Buffy, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Avengers, etc.) and send them to 4-6 different recipients. In return you will receive 4-6 completely different handmade ornaments from around the world. As you can see from the photos, you really can make them out of anything: Wood, knit, sew, paint, draw, sculpt, paper craft, recycle old ornaments (earth friendly!) And you'll have a more Whedoney Holiday!
If you'd like to join us, sign-ups begin right now and will end next Saturday, November 16th at 11:59 PM US EST. And pretty please make super sure you're willing to go through with this entire process before signing up! Deadbeats ruin the holiday fun for everyone. Here are the guidelines in 6 easy steps:
1. Sign up by sending an email with the subject "MERRY WHEDON" and the following information to email@example.com by Saturday, November 16th.
- whether your are willing to ship overseas* (US and Canada will be mixed together)
2. On November 18th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses and email addresses of 4-6 swap participants for you to send your ornaments to. Since you'll have each other's personal info, please contact each other with any questions, disputes or praise.
3. Design and create the multiple Whedon themed ornaments! You'll have 3 weeks to make them.
4. Package your ornaments well (especially if you create something fragile) and send one ornament to each person on the list of swap participants in your group by Monday, December 9th.
5. Sit back and relax as you wait to receive 4-6 lovely Whedonverse ornaments in the mail!
6. Then don't forget to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive by uploading to the swap flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/buffyfesth
*A note on international shipping: Please only select international shipping if you are willing to ship at least 2-3 of your ornaments overseas. Take your timing and the cost of shipping into account when you design your ornament. Lighter and more compact ornaments are cheaper to ship, but chances are you cannot send any food or plant life.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org